On this page you find a list of frequently asked questions and answers. Click on the questions to see the answers. In case you have further questions don't hesitate to contact us under email@example.com.
How do I register?
- Click on register. You will get to a registration field. After filling in the required fields, make sure to confirm the activation link in the registration email you will receive. To avoid our emails to end up as spam, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
What happens if I forget my password?
- By signing in click ‘forget password’. We will send you a new password by email. We advise you to change the password after having used the one we send you.
What happens if I forget my username?
- By signing in click ‘forgot username’ and fill out your email address. We will send you your username.
How do I find what i'm looking for?
Just use the filter on top of the page. The filter will help you find what you are looking for.
How do I contact the seller?
- Just click the CONTACT SELLER button of the posting you like. You will be able to send a message on the platform to the seller. Please note that DV is not a bidding platform. You are free to negotiate the asking price, but please be respectfully.
- You need to login before you can contact a seller. If you are new and are not registered yet, you will be lead to the registration fields.
How do I pay for my purchase?
- Transactions are between Buyer and Seller. The most common way is to transfer money to the seller via a bank transfer or a financial third party like PayPal. Please discuss this with the seller.
- If you are hesitant in transferring money by bank, DV offers the Secure Transfer Service: the buyer sends the money to DV, the seller sends the designer item to the DV office. Once we received both money and designer item, we make the swap. Please click on the link for more information and costs of this service.
Who pays for the transport?
- This is something the Buyer and Seller discuss. You can either split the costs or decide who will take care of the costs.
- When the item is of value, make sure the package is insured and traceable with Track & Trace.
How do I know that the designer items for sale are authentic
- Designer-Vintage does her very best to check the authenticity of all items placed. Nevertheless DV cannot control the quality, accuracy or authenticity of the items as the actual transaction finds place between sellers and buyers.
- All members of Designer-Vintage.com must confirm upon registration that all their posted items are a 100% authentic.
- If you have any doubts, ask the seller for more pictures and serial numbers.
- For a secure buy, you can use the Secure Transfer Service.
- Still in doubt? Send us an email at email@example.com with a link to the item.
What about my privacy?
- We value the privacy of our customers. Your personal information is never shared with others.
- We need your email in order to create an account for you. We need your phone number as a part of our Welcome procedure. To explain the platform and to get to know our members, we always call our new sellers when they post a designer item for the first time. This way we protect our Sellers and our Buyers.
How do I place a product?
- Click on the sell your Piece button and off you go...! Just follow the steps to get you to a successful posting.
How long will my posting be online?
- Your posting will be online for a period of 2 months. After 2 months, we will send you an email to inform you that the posting period will end.
How can I get my item on the homepage again?
- By using a refresh, you can easily put your item on the homepage again! You can buy refreshes in your account.
What is Early Access?
- All items have limited access the first 24 hours. With Early Access you have direct access to every posting.
How do I sell my items quickly?
- Take clear pictures preferably with daylight. Use a white background or a black background if your item is white. As an extra you can, for example, add a photo where you are wearing the item.
- Give a good description of the designer item you are selling. Make it work!
- If your item doesn't sell fast enough you can consider lowering the price. It is useful to buy a 'Refresh', your designer item will appear at the homepage again.
- Use social media to promote your item by using #designervintage.
I activated my product, but I don't see it online
- Our team of experts check all items before they appear online. It can take up to 48 hours before your item passes the check. When additional information is needed you will be contacted by Client Support.
Can I make changes after my item got published?
- Yes, you can make changes, except for the ‘Category’ and ‘Designer'. You can make changes by going to your account and go to your ads. Select the ad you want to change and click on 'change'.
- Note: if you decide to increase the asking price of your posting, please note that for an asking price above 500 euros you need different advertisements (credits).
How do I ship my sold designer items to the new owner?
- You can use PostNL to send your order of use an international courier, like DHL or UPS. Or, of course, you can meet up to if you live near to each other.
How can I unsubscribe to the Designer-Vintage newsletters?
- If you prefer not to receive the newsletter anymore, click the unsubscribe button in the bottom of the newsletter. Your email address will be removed from our newsletter database.
How do I pay for placing a designer item?
- After you have followed the steps for creating an advertisement, the platform will collect the advertisements (credits) from your advertisement (credit) balance. If you don't have enough advertisements (credits), choose which one you want to buy. You will then automatically be redirected to the payment screen.
- We offer the following payment options: Ideal, Paypal, Maestro American Express, Visa or Mastercard.